The club was founded in 2014 and from the initial 30 members drawn from the village we now have over 80 members from a much wider area. Despite our size we endeavour to retain a ‘community ethos’.
The club is run by a committee, elected by the members; the majority of whom participate in social activities, competitions and fund raising. This is essential as we do not receive any regular financial help to run the club; in that respect we are self-supporting. We have received assistance from local organisations and Sport England for equipment for which we are very grateful.
Our long-term goal is to purchase our field and have a permanent home. All ground maintenance is carried out by members – ten years ago this was a pony field and prior to that the village football pitch!
We are the most westerly croquet club on mainland Britain; and though remote in terms of geography we are actively involved in the croquet world. We run two teams in the South West croquet leagues and one of our members sits on the regional committee.
As well as league matches, we play friendlies with local clubs at St Austell, Bude and Fowey.
* St Agnes has three lawns open all the year (subject to weather and maintenance) * PLUS a small practice lawn
* Use of a modern clubhouse
* Coaching available for all members from beginners to league players
* Lawns maintained by in-house team
* On-site parking
* Use of equipment – including club mallets
* On-line booking system – YOU BOOK – YOU PLAY
* Fully insured through our parent body The Croquet Association